Tuesday 21 September 2021

                                                    THE LAST POST-EVER






A glimmer of solar stuff, not a breath of atmospheric movement and a dearth of  skywater at the castle on this momentus day.

First up thank you for the birthday wishes, that's the good bit out of the way.


This will be the last post ever on this piss poor blog, many moons ago it seems that the old BIG C managed to get hold, and has continued to expand its foothold to the point where it is all over and all in.


The old smokes have done me in, but the really annoying thing is that has spread to the base of my spine inside my pelvis.

I have named that one-Boris because it truly is a pain in the arse.


Not after sympathy, I am buggered and have a few months at most, had twenty rounds of radiation and one round of chemo six weeks ago from which I still haven't recovered.


A bit of advice to others who are not going to make it:


1.The NHS is broken.


2.If you are terminal DO NOT accept their kind offer of Chemo, it is bloody brurutal and will set you back 6 or 7 weeks to gain a few days (I still have no sense of taste)


3. Take all the painkillers you can get your hands on.


4. Ignore all their advice on blood suger levels-apparently high bs makes you ill.


The point of this post is to let you know why I haven't been around and to thank you all for your visits and comments and all the other stuff.

That's about it really, have a long and happy life and be kind.


And today's thought (and a message to my GP)


I told you I was ill (Spike Milligan)



Ta-ta


Angus





6 comments:

CherryPie said...

I am so sorry to hear this news.

I will be thinking of you xx

angus dei said...

Many thanks CherryPie, such is life and cancer, I am at peace with everything and looking dorward to a rest and another adventure....

A K Haart said...

I'm very sorry to hear that Angus. Bad news. I always enjoyed your sense of humour and the highly individual blog posts. I hope all goes as well as it possibly can under the circumstances.

Good luck.

angus dei said...

Hello old friend, sorry for the delayed reply-the class "A" drugs dispensed by the NHS tends to alter the speed of time. I am glad you enjoyed this piss poor attempt to entertain.

The good news is that I probably won't have to put up with Crimbo this year, the bad news is that I bought an electric car back in March and have only put 500 miles on it.



Carry on blogging AK life is too short

James Higham said...

Thoughts and prayers, Angus.

angus dei said...

Hi James many thanks, it comes to all of us eventually, would have liked a bit longer but there you are, it seems that it was meant to be, am at peace with it and if plan "A," works out all will be ok keep up the good work and don't let me off the hook. God bless.